Monday, February 22, 2010

A Rat Story

It was early in the morning when I awoke from a terrible dream of Pushy, my owners house cat. Emily is my mom and I always hear her calling the one we call Pushy something weird.... In my dream Pushy had been chasing me through the house with his claws unsheathed, his large teeth glimmered in the low light. I was cornered and he was about to spring. The reason I woke so suddenly from the night mare was caused by Reba, she was pushing the glass food bowl up against the side of our tank.
"What are you doing?"I asked sleepily.
"Trying to wake Hannah up so she can feed me!" Reba replied in frustration. She continued the annoying slamming of glass upon glass until Hannah walked over and rubbed her finger nail across the wire cage top. It startled me and I was wide awake in no time (thanks alot Hannah). Then she noticed the bowl and took it from the cage with much noise, waking up Emily. The food was same as always and still tasted like dirt. I walked over to rub Reba's thinning hair with the tip of my nose.
"That stupid Pushy was staring at our cage all night being creepy and what not," Reba said through a mouth full of sun flower seed " if I ever get out of here I'm going straight for that weird little cat!" she squeaked angrily. Reba had been acting really irritable lately and the hair on her back had started falling out. It's probably the cats scaring her like they scare me, I had reassured myself night after night.

No comments:

Post a Comment