Saturday, February 20, 2010

Animals

I to all the people who own hamsters out there and actually like them, I'm sorry but I've owned two and I did NOT like them! They bit me all the time and every waking moment were trying to get out of their cages! I've owned six rats but it turned out to be to expensive so we kept two. My sister has a rat named Reba and she was awesome from the start! I had one not to long ago, her name was Pip and she was a dumbo rat (so cute!). I loved her so much but it turned out a customer at the pet store might have dropped her or she was just a runt so she was very timid. A timid rat isn't a good thing because they like to bite when there scared........... We returned Pippay Naomi Leon two days after we got her (she preferred my fingers over rat food). I was very sad that I couldn't have a rat........ we were about to get rid of Hannah's rat when my dad changed his mind (thank you daddy!). But since it was my idea in the first place my mom said to pray and hopefully God would bless me with a rat... I prayed every night and reminded my mom (maybe a little to much) about asking my dad for a rat. One day while we were out having girl time, (everybody else was at a sleepover) my mom surprised me with the news we were getting a rat! I prayed that God would let me see the perfect rat and that she would be good. Once we got to the pet store I walked to the small animals part of the store and was all excited, but when I looked in (it had been three weeks since we returned Pip) I saw my previous rat all by her lonesome. I was disappointed but chuckled because the little monkey was still in there. We got in the car and my mom said we would check the pet store near our house. When we got there I went straight for the rats (again). And was happy to find two cages with five and three rats in them! I saw a small brown and white one that reminded me of Pip and instantly thought that I shouldn't get that one. The one cage with five rats in it were all black and white, but I really wanted a brown and white one. I stuck my hand in the cage with brown and white ones. An average sized brown one with red eyes went straight to my hands. I was secretly hoping the large brown and white one in the corner was the one that would all of a sudden stand out (it wasn't). I picked the brown one up and she made herself comfortable on my shoulder. Usually when you pick up a new rat it will pee on you but this little one was just happy to have a little attention. I held her for a while hoping that the large one I had seen would show some small sign of awesomeness (that didn't happen). But after I had held the brown one for a while she had me glued to her! I had planned on calling my next rat Twinkies but decided then that I wanted to call her Pudding! Now we're best buds and we love on each other. Sadly Reba became more jumpy after we got Pudding but they're still good room mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment