Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rat Story Continued

It was around lunch time when Emily came upstairs to play with me and Reba. I was so relieved that she didn't try to put me in that terrible purple ball that Reba loves so much! She pulled me out of the tank slowly, and I scrambled up her arm onto her shoulder. She walked over to her bed and sat down. The descent was like a carnival ride, the ones that drop and your stomach flips.
Thump! Reba was running into stuff while she was in her ball. It always scares me when she does that. Emily will laugh but what she doesn't know is that Reba does that kind of stuff to scare me. She thinks it's funny.
"Reba!" I called from my perch, "Did you find anything that might help?"
"Well, I noticed that they left crochet hooks on the floor but I can't think of how this is gonna help." she replied from below on the far side of the room. It's not that we hate our moms, it's just that we are terrified of those wretched cats! Not so much Slinky who always hid under a bed. They act so cute in front of the family and get loved on but what the family doesn't know is that they've been sneaking out of the house through Emily's sister's window and getting together with all those nasty neighbor cats. I overheard Pushy and Slinky talking about taking over this part of the neighborhood, but they had to get all the cats in the other parts of town to help. Me and Reba weren't about to let that happen. Every time we got taken out of our cozy tank I would distract Emily, who was usually the one playing with us, and Reba would go searching for stuff to help us overthrow the cats.
Reba started pushing a crochet hook with her ball underneath the dresser for when the day came and we would need to fight those nasty fur balls off!


No comments:

Post a Comment